The Journal of Physical Chemistry and PHYS Division Lectureship Awards honor the contributions of investigators who have made major impacts on the field of physical chemistry in the research areas associated with each section of the journal – JPC A, JPC B, and JPC C. Nominations are considered collectively then assigned to one of the three awards:
- The The Journal of Physical Chemistry A award honors an investigator in the areas of molecules, clusters, and aerosols.
- The The Journal of Physical Chemistry B award honors an investigator in the areas of biophysics, biomaterials, liquids, and soft matter.
- The The Journal of Physical Chemistry C award honors an investigator in the areas of energy, materials, and catalysis.
Each 2022 Winner will Receive:
- An award plaque
- An honorarium of US$1,500
- Up to US$1,500 in travel and accommodations funding to attend and present at ACS Fall 2022
- Nominations are open to physical chemists, chemical engineers, and all researchers of any nationality involved in physical chemistry research from academia, industry, or national laboratories.
- Nominees must have authored or co-authored at least five articles in The Journal of Physical Chemistry A, B, C, and/or Letters during their research career.
- Nominees must be no more than 10 years from receipt of Ph.D. or highest degree. Anyone who has taken an official leave of absence may subtract that time from the limit.
- Winners must be members or affiliates of the ACS Division of Physical Chemistry.
- The following individuals are ineligible to be considered:
- Previous winners of either this award or the PHYS Early-Career Division award
- Current ACS Publications Editors-in-Chief, Deputy Editors, Executive Editors, Senior Editors, Associate Editors, and Topic Editors
- Officers of the PHYS Division Executive Committee during the given award year
- Any serving selection committee member for this award
- Nominees may be considered for more than one award, but can only receive one of The Journal of Physical Chemistry Lectureship Awards in a given year.
- Nominees may apply for both this award and the PHYS Early-Career Division Award, but cannot win both.
- If you have questions, please send them to email@example.com.
- Before making a nomination, you must get the nominee’s consent to share information about them as part of the nomination process. This is necessary for the American Chemical Society, ACS Publications, and the ACS Division of Physical Chemistry to comply with laws and rules around the processing of personal data.