The Kavli Foundation Emerging Leader in
257th ACS National Meeting & Exposition
March 31-April 4, 2019,
The Physical Chemistry Division is soliciting recommendations for its two
nominations for the Kavli Foundation Emerging Leader in Chemistry Lecture
at the Spring 2019 ACS National Meeting in Orlando, FL. If you would like to
suggest a candidate for one of the nominations, please send his/her current CV
and a one-paragraph recommendation (self-nominations are allowed) to the secretary/treasurer by Oct. 15, 2018. Representatives from the
Division leadership will then make the final selections and work with the
candidates to submit complete dossiers to the Kavli Award Review
Additional details about award eligibility and selection criteria are given below.
- The nominee must be a distinguished younger scientist who is highly regarded by his or her peers for significant contributions to an area of chemistry or related multidisciplinary area of chemistry.
- The nominee may be from academia, industry, government, or business.
- The nominee must be a person who is less than 40 years of age.
- The nominee must not be more than 10 years removed from earning his or her Ph.D. at the time of the presentation (April, 1, 2019).
- The nominee must be solicited and nominated through one or more of the ACS Divisions or Committees.
- The nominee does not need to be a division member or a member of the ACS.
- The Kavli Foundation Emerging Leader in Chemistry Lecturer must attend the Orlando meeting to present a 40 minute lecture on the second day of the meeting (Monday, April, 1, 2019), immediately preceding The Fred Kavli Innovations in Chemistry Lecture.