The Kavli Foundation Emerging Leader in
249th ACS National Meeting & Exposition
March 22-26, 2015, Denver, CO
The Physical Chemistry Division is soliciting recommendations for its two
nominations for the Kavli Foundation Emerging Leader in Chemistry Lecture
at the Spring ACS National Meeting in Denver. If you would like to
suggest a candidate for one of the nominations, please send his/her current CV
and a one-paragraph recommendation (self-nominations are allowed) to the secretary/treasurer by August 8th, 2014. Representatives from the
Division leadership will then make the final selections and work with the
candidates to submit complete dossiers to the Kavli Award Review
Additional details about award eligibility and selection criteria are given below.
- The nominee must be a distinguished younger scientist who is highly regarded by his or her peers for significant contributions to an area of chemistry or related multidisciplinary area of chemistry.
- The nominee may be from academia, industry, government, or business.
- The nominee must be a person who is less than 40 years of age when the nomination period opens (July 18, 2014).
- The nominee must not be more than 10 years removed from earning his or her Ph.D. when the nomination period opens (July 18, 2014).
- The nominee must be solicited and nominated through one or more of the ACS Divisions.
- The nominee does not need to be a division member or a member of the ACS.
- The Kavli Foundation Emerging Leader in Chemistry Lecturer must attend the Denver meeting to present a 40 minute lecture on the second day of the meeting (Monday), immediately preceding The Kavli Foundation Innovations in Chemistry Lecture.
- Each Kavli Emerging Leader in Chemistry Lecturer will receive $5,000 for meeting expenses and honorarium.