The Kavli Foundation Emerging Leader in
256th ACS National Meeting & Exposition
Aug. 25-29, 2019,
San Diego, CA
The Physical Chemistry Division is soliciting recommendations for its two
nominations for the Kavli Foundation Emerging Leader in Chemistry Lecture
at the Fall 2019 ACS National Meeting in San Diego. If you would like to
suggest a candidate for one of the nominations, please send his/her current CV
and a one-paragraph recommendation (self-nominations are allowed) to the secretary/treasurer by Feb., 22, 2019. Representatives from the
Division leadership will then make the final selections and work with the
candidates to submit complete dossiers to the Kavli Award Review
Committee by Mar. 8.
Additional details about award eligibility and selection criteria are given below.
- The nominee must be a distinguished younger scientist who is highly regarded by his or her peers for significant contributions to an area of chemistry or related multidisciplinary area of chemistry.
- The nominee may be from academia, industry, government, or business.
- The nominee must be a person who is less than 40 years of age.
- The nominee must not be more than 10 years removed from earning his or her Ph.D. at the time of the presentation (August 26, 2019).
- The nominee must be solicited and nominated through one or more of the ACS Divisions or Committees.
- The nominee does not need to be a member of the nominating group or a member of the ACS.