The Kavli Foundation Emerging Leader in
252nd ACS National Meeting & Exposition
August 21-25, 2016,
The Physical Chemistry Division is soliciting recommendations for its two
nominations for the Kavli Foundation Emerging Leader in Chemistry Lecture
at the Fall ACS National Meeting in Philadelphia. If you would like to
suggest a candidate for one of the nominations, please send his/her current CV
and a one-paragraph recommendation (self-nominations are allowed) to the secretary/treasurer by March 10th, 2016. Representatives from the
Division leadership will then make the final selections and work with the
candidates to submit complete dossiers to the Kavli Award Review
Additional details about award eligibility and selection criteria are given
- The nominee must be a distinguished younger scientist who is highly
regarded by his or her peers for significant contributions to an area of
chemistry or related multidisciplinary area of chemistry.
- The nominee may be from academia, industry, government, or
- The nominee must be a person who is less than 40 years of age when
the nomination period opens.
- The nominee must not be more than 10 years removed from earning his
or her Ph.D. when the nomination period opens.
- The nominee must be solicited and nominated through one or more of
the ACS Divisions.
- The nominee does not need to be a division member or a member of
- The Kavli Foundation Emerging Leader in Chemistry Lecturer must
attend the Philadelphia meeting to present a 40 minute lecture on the
second day of the meeting (Monday), immediately preceding The Kavli
Foundation Innovations in Chemistry Lecture.
- Each Kavli Emerging Leader in Chemistry Lecturer will receive
$5,000 for meeting expenses and honorarium.